- Adobe Error 103:103
When running a Cognos report to PDF, a “103:103” error occurs.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat
- Edit > Preferences > General
- Uncheck the option next to “Enable Protected Mode at Startup”
- CA11 Mailto/Email Workaround
Follow these step-by-step instructions for a CA11 Mailto/Email Workaround
- Can't Print HTML
You may be experiencing an issue when attempting to print a report that’s been run to HTML. We have tried to troubleshoot this and found that at this time, most reports* will have this restriction to functionality. The best solution/workaround we can give you is to run your report to PDF and print from there. If/when this issue is resolved, we will communicate that information.
- Click the Run button to re-run the report.
- Choose Run PDF.
- From the Adobe toolbar, click Print.
- Clearing Your Cache
These steps apply to Internet Explorer:
- Close all open IE Browsers
- Open a new IE browser
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options
- On the General tab, check the box next to “Delete Browsing History on Exit”
- Click the Delete button
- On the next page, check all boxes except “Preserve Favorites website data”
- Click Delete
- Click OK
- IBM List of Deprecated Features & Functionality
- Gain Access to Reports in the Warehouse
Please contact the appropriate Package Custodian.
- IBM Supported Browsers & Settings
As of September 2018, IBM does not support the Microsoft Edge browser.
For information on supported browsers and other software, see IBM's Software Product Compatibility Reports.
To navigate to supported web browsers:
1. Be sure to select the Supported Software Tab.
2. Choose Web Browsers from the list of anchors or scroll to the Web Browsers section.
Additional Browser Information
- Allow Cookies
- Active Scripting
- Allow META REFRESH
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting Binary and script behaviors
- Allow programmatic clipboard access
- User data persistence
- Allow Cookies
- Enable Java™
- Load Images
- Enable Java
- Block Cookies: Never
- Cookies: Allow local data to be set
- Images: Show all images
View or download the PDF.
- Trouble with Pop-Ups
Troubleshooting this issue in Internet Explorer
Any of the following can affect a machine’s pop-up features:
Make sure Pop-Up Blocker is turned OFF
- You should see “Turn ON pop-up blocker” when you click on the Tools menu in IE.
- If you see “Turn OFF pop-up blocker”, click it to turn it off.
- Turn off additional pop-up blockers included in any Google, Yahoo, or MSN toolbars
Automatic Prompting is Enabled
Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Automatic Prompting for File Downloads > OK
File Download is Enabled
Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > File Download > OK
Download Notification is Checked
Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Notify when Download Complete > OK
Add the Cognos 11 URL to the Trusted Sites
A user may need Administrator rights to their machine
Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Paste: https://dwprod.princeton.edu/cognos into Sites > Add > OK
- More FAQ's Coming