CeDAR provides a variety of services and tools to the University community. These include the following:
- Princeton Information Warehouse: The Warehouse has been in existence for 10+ years and houses data for many university offices and departments, including Human Resources, Student Records, Facilities, Admission and Finance and Treasury.
- COGNOS Business Intelligence (BI) suite of products: COGNOS BI is the tool that is used to create queries and reports in the Information Warehouse.
- Tableau: Tableau is an additional BI tool that is used to create data analyses and visualizations.
- Datastage: Datastage is the university standard tool for the process called Extract, Transform and Load (ETL). It is used to extract data from the various university transactional systems (i.e.-PeopleSoft), manipulate and simplify the data for ease of use and then load the data into the Warehouse.
- Metadata management: Metadata is information about data. In order to assist members of the Princeton community to understand their data, Princeton is in the process of acquiring a tool that will store both the technical and business information about the data stored in the Warehouse.
- Training and Education: Classes, seminars and workshops are conducted regularly by CeDAR staff to assist members of the Princeton community learn how to use the various sources of data available to them and the tools provided to turn those data into useful information.
- Consulting: CeDAR staff are always available to discuss both current and future information needs.